Being bitten by a dog or animal can be somewhat of a traumatic experience. It is likely that you’ll be faced with treatment, pain and even the possibility of treatment for rabies. As a victim you could possibly incur a variety of damages and losses such as: medical bills, emotional damage, loss of income, etc- Fortunately, as a victim you may be entitled to recover these losses from the person responsible for the dog or animal that attacked you. But, in order for you to protect your rights, it is important that you learn what is necessary to protect them.
Steps to Protect Your Rights
– Find and identify the dog or animal that attacked you.
– Locate the owner of the dog or animal. Write down their name and address. If there is a license for the dog or animal, try to obtain it as well.
– Locate any and all potential eye witnesses. It is possible that you will need to return to the accident scene to visit nearby homes or business to locate additional witnesses.
– Take photographs of any and all wounds and bruises. Take photos of your clothing too if they were bloodied.
– Find out if the dog or animal owner has insurance. Obtain this information if possible.
– Seek professional help from a Dog Bite Attorney if your skin was severely lacerated, the injury was to the face or if the victim was a child. Things Not to Do
– Do not write anything to or sign anything following your accident that has been presented to you by an insurance company, the owner of the dog, the landlord/owner of property where attack occurred.
– Don’t wait around to contact an attorney. Often times, a dog bite attorney won’t charge anything up front for a consult. If your case is won, the attorney will receive a portion of the money recovered as a contingency fee. Plus, the longer you wait, the more you risk reaching the statues of limitations for your case.
If you’ve been injured by a dog or animal, contact a Hemet Dog Bite Lawyer or Temecula Dog Bite Lawyer from Sweeney Attorneys. Sweeney Attorneys have years and years of experience behind them. The can help provide you with the knowledge necessary to make a sound judgment on any issue you may currently be dealing with. So if you are in need of a Hemet dog bite lawyer or Temecula dog bite lawyer, contact Sweeney Attorneys today!
The author of this article is an expert Hemet Dog Bite Lawyer. As a Temecula Dog Bite Lawyer he has written many informative articles as well which includes the ones on the topic Dog Bite Attorney.